Monday, December 12, 2011

Wookin' Pa Nub

When I was 27, I broke off my engagement after a 4-year relationship and moved on, because I knew deep down inside, that the relationship just wasn’t right for me. It was the most difficult thing I had ever done – breaking it off with a wonderful man, who I knew I was not in love with.  While all my friends were getting married, I had to start over from square one and face the world, single once again.  I moved back to my hometown (San Diego) with just a couple of friends left in town, single for the first time in over 4 years, no real career path, and lived with my mom.  The whole situation sucked. A lot.  It was a very hard transition for me.  It felt painful and lonely being on my own again.  Within a few months I wanted to find love again, and so I started the search by joining Jdate.com.   


Fast forward seven years (and well over a thousand hours spent on anything and everything having to do with dating): I am married to a man who I can only describe as my soul mate and the love of my life. I went from being Ms. Sophy Weintraub to Mrs. Sophy Singer.  SO, now that I have an amazing husband and a fabulous new name (it doesn’t get much better than Sophy Singer), I decided that it’s time to share the love, and help others find love.

So here I am. I don’t have a PhD in psychology. I haven't written any columns or books about love, sex, relationships, or dating.  I haven’t been on any dating/matchmaking shows or segments on TV.  I lived this. I did it. What did I do?  I made it my mission to find a love that is real and perfect for me. I spent years, navigating through the dating trenches, until I met Michael. Mission accomplished. Over time, I have become the go-to dating advice person for all my single friends.  And their friends. And their cousins. Even a neighbor or two...  I enjoy every moment of it.  Calling the shots, play by play.  I love helping people around me find what I found (hopefully, quicker and easier than I found it).  It really IS a job and it can be very UN-romantic at times, but the payoff is worth every moment you spend on it. 

That's my story. What's yours and what's been bugging you? Ask me about it: Just click on the Ask Me or Email Me areas to the right.  Wookin’ pa nub ain’t no easy thang.  That’s why I’m here.



XOXO,
Sophy Singer Says

1 comment: